Leaders Perception Magazine is currently running an interview series called – What Are The Top 5 Mistakes People Make When Starting A New Business?
Today, we had the opportunity to interview Jeroen van Gils who is a CEO and Founder at LiFi.
Interviewee Name: Jeroen van Gils
Jeroen van Gils’s favourite quote: “Business is not about creating something from nothing, but destroying something to create something.” -Steve Jobs
Thank you so much for joining us today! Tell us a little bit about yourself. What is your backstory?
Jeroen van Gils : I am the founder and CEO of LiFi, a company that creates and sells innovative technology products for the wireless industry. I grew up in a small town in the Netherlands and always had a interest in technology. I started my own business in 2010, when I started selling short-range wireless products. LiFi is my latest venture, and I am passionate about it because it addresses an important issue in the wireless industry: how to provide reliable wireless connections in areas where there is little or no infrastructure.
In your opinion, what makes your company stand out? Any examples?
Jeroen van Gils : There are a few things that set our company apart from the rest. We focus on customer service first and foremost, which is why we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all of our products. Our products are also unique in that they are made with natural ingredients. We believe that our products are better for your health and the environment, and we hope you will too! Another thing that sets us apart is our commitment to social responsibility. We donate a portion of our profits to charity every year, and we also participate in various programs to help promote environmental awareness. We hope you will take the time to read more about us and decide for yourself if we are the right company for you.
What are the TOP 5 mistakes people make when starting a new business? Please share advice/examples for all of them.
Jeroen van Gils : Starting a new business is an exciting time, but it can also be a bit overwhelming. There are so many things to think about and so many decisions to make. It’s easy to make a few mistakes along the way. Here are the top 5 mistakes people make when starting a new business:
1. Not doing enough research. Starting a business without doing your homework is a recipe for disaster. You need to research your industry, your target market, your competition, and your business model. Only then can you make informed decisions about your business.
2. Not having a solid business plan. A business plan is essential for any new business. It will help you map out your goals, strategies, and financial projections. Without a business plan, it will be very difficult to make your business successful.
3. Not having enough capital. Many new businesses fail because they don’t have enough money to get started or to sustain themselves through tough times. Make sure you have a solid financial foundation before you launch your business.
4. Hiring the wrong people. Surrounding yourself with the wrong team can doom your business from the start. Be very careful about who you hire, and make sure they share your vision for the company.
5. Not being prepared for challenges. Every business faces challenges, whether it’s competition, economic downturns, or simply bad luck. You need to be prepared mentally and financially to weather any storms that come your way.
Leaders Perception magaizne would like to thank Jeroen van Gils for the time dedicated to completing this interview and sharing their valuable insights with our readers!
Subscribe to our newsletter to get a notification as soon as we launch new interview series.